Thursday, July 31, 2014
|Fits like a glove on my daughter|
Eid Mubarak sign July Finish # 4 is completed. I think it is okay but needs a little bit more pizzaz, may be some glitter, hmmm. My son says the moon looks like a banana. May be I should redo that. It does kind of look like a silver banana.
|Template cut out for the banner|
Monday, July 28, 2014
This quilt is on my July Finishing Goal and on Finish Along Q3 list. I am so glad I chose to get it quilted rather than quilt it myself on my machine with that tiny throat space. I made this quilt top as part of QAL @ Christa's Quilts in which she used the pearl bracelet fabrics and hence the name. Well I just couldn't come up with a better name so the 'String of Pearls' stands.
|The String of Pearls quilt gifted to my daughter.|
|Pieced Back of the quilt. I really liked the way it turned out. Looks like it could be the top as well. Not a clear photo though.|
|Beautifully quilted by Carole Staples on her long-arm machine.|
Monday, July 14, 2014
Finish string of pearls quiltCompleted Completed
- Finish oblongagon quilt
- Sun Hat
- Finish Calalily art quilt, need to paint, quilt and bind
- Eid Banner- buy bright color felt, make template, make or buy bias binding.- Completed
- Sew outfit for self (use old salwar kameez for pattern) -
- Table Runner -thinking chevron pattern with leftover fabrics from Simply Color Fat Qrtr bundle
- Sew wristlet/clutch with bias binding using this technique
- Table Runner -Wave Runners- easy quilts
Winter 2013, pg 77-81, buy template plastic and make template.
- Charity quilt for RMH
- Smocking dress using kona snow.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
I decided to join Fiberofallsorts's A Lovely Year of Finishes just to give that push I need to finish up couple of UFOs and other projects that didn't even get started somehow. Just 4 projects on this list
1. String of pearls quilted, to be squared and bound. Completed
2. Summer hat for Baby-
not started Completed
3. Oblongagon to be basted, quilted and bound
4. Eid Banner-
buy felt, heavy weight interfacing, cut and sew.Completed
Linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes for July Goals