Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ironing board cover

I followed this tutorial to make the ironing board cover with this  clothespin fabric. Before I realized I had this fabric I made one with a upholster weight fabric I had lying around. I also used insulbright as padding. Now the padding is sandwiched between the fabrics and gives a nice surface to iron and as an added bonus its double sided.
The top cover with elastic inside a bias binding channel.
The first cover using upholstery weight fabric. the edges are folded to make channel for a tie. I used selvages as tie.

Insulbright layer between the fabrics, sewn to the bottom fabric.  Ignore the date here, I went ahead and changed it on the camera. 

You can see both the fabrics here and my little ones feet. I still need to figure out how to change the time setting to normal clock hour and not railway time.

Linking up with SewFreshQuilts

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Finish Along Q1 goals

These are my goals for the 2016 Finish Along Quarter 1. I have already started on 3 quilts in November and December to get a head start on all my New Year projects. I am so glad I did that because I was sick for the first week of January and these quilts actually kept my spirits and hopes up. As soon as I get my energy back I am hoping to finish these quilts and at least get half of the other projects on my list.

Finish Along Quarter One Goals:

1. HST baby quilt

2. Another HST baby quilt

3. Baby quilt 3

4. Embroidery project. 

5. Garment, probably a tunic

6. Another tunic perhaps

7. Churidar Kameez for daughter