Saturday, October 19, 2013

Boppy cover



 I made this boppy cover in summer before my delivery. I have been taking pictures of this project to post, only last week I was able to get a picture that is good. Even these are not bright. I have to tone my picture taking skills  learn to take good pictures.
More about the boppy cover. I messed up a few times before it came out okay. First I used the peach fabric from Annette Tatum's boho collection, but didn't leave enough seam allowance. The one inch seam allowance wasn't enough, I didn't have enough of that fabric to add. Luckily I had the green fabric of the same print. So I slashed the peach boppy cover and sewed strips of the green fabric to it. It didn't fit after these alterations. I really liked the look of the green and peach combination. So to make it work I added a bias strip on the inside curve of the cover, just like it was on the boppy itself . It worked and I am so glad I finished it just in time.










Here is the zippered back. If I decide to make another cover, to make it usable on both sides, I would add the zipper on the outside curve and not at the back. I got this idea from here http://www.sewlux.blogspot.com/2012/06/design-challenge-patchwork-boppy-cover.html



September and October blocks for the Sugar Block Club. I really like the color combination of the october block.
September Block
October Block

No comments: