Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ironing board cover

I followed this tutorial to make the ironing board cover with this  clothespin fabric. Before I realized I had this fabric I made one with a upholster weight fabric I had lying around. I also used insulbright as padding. Now the padding is sandwiched between the fabrics and gives a nice surface to iron and as an added bonus its double sided.
The top cover with elastic inside a bias binding channel.
The first cover using upholstery weight fabric. the edges are folded to make channel for a tie. I used selvages as tie.

Insulbright layer between the fabrics, sewn to the bottom fabric.  Ignore the date here, I went ahead and changed it on the camera. 

You can see both the fabrics here and my little ones feet. I still need to figure out how to change the time setting to normal clock hour and not railway time.


Linking up with SewFreshQuilts

1 comment:

desertskyquilts said...

Love your ironing board cover - what a perfect fabric. Those are the cutest little feet ever!